Monday, July 9, 2007

Its funny what the day can bring.

Walking from the bus stop to the Capitol this morning my stomach was filled with nervous anticipation. I couldn’t figure out if this pain in my gut was because it was Monday morning, or because I was excited to find out what the day would bring.

After reaching my office I looked up at the wall size schedule and saw that today was Joe Weider day……or it would be in about 4 hours after the Senate declared it.



This excited me even though all I new was that Weider was one of the Gov’s old body building buddies. I sat down at my computer and decided to find out a little more about these two’s history.

I knew that Schwarzenegger has a remarkable life story, however, I didn’t know that Weider’s was close in comparison. These two have been in each other’s lives since Weider influenced Schwarzenegger to come to the United States 39-years-ago.

Weider is to body building what Bob Barker is to the Price is Right. He pretty much founded the sport and Schwarzenegger was one if it’s greatest competitors.

The interaction between these two today was quiet and subtle; the only way that I can describe it is to paint a picture of father and son. The steadying hand of Governor Schwarzenegger accompanied every move that Weider made.

Reading that these two men started with nothing, and seeing them with everything, is a true testament of the American dream. I find inspiration in their life stories as I myself embark on a journey to follow a dream.

2 comments:

Jennifer Foster said...

Peter....I love your blog! ~Missus Foster :-)

Keri Gross said...

Pete,
I am trying to keep up on your infamous life...but it is really hard when you don't spill the beans on your blog. Catch your fan club up on the 411 since july 9th!!!
K